On the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the commemoration 1915-2015, the “Flame of Peace” peace monument was unveiled at the historic site in Sappada/Italy
The “Flame of Peace” shines in a historical place and should always remind people of peace. At the source of the Piave River in the middle of the Dolomites, framed by Mount Peralba (Hochweißstein) at 2694 meters to the northeast, Mount Lastroni (Schaibmkouvl) at 2449 meters to the south and Mount Chiadenis at 2459 meters to the east, between the former front lines, that’s where the monument has found its place.
100 years have passed since then and countless friendships have been made, a monument has been erected together for peace, for friendship, for a common and peaceful future. With the participation of the Italian Provincial Regional, Military, Carabinieri, Military Alpine, Border Guard and Financial Police representatives, as well as the Alpini Choir, the High Clergy, the representatives of the Austrian Armed Forces, Peacekeepers, traditional associations, the descendants of the mountain guides of the Assieta Battalion (Italy) and Infantry Regiment 7 Khevenhüller (Austria), friends and guests, the “Flame of Peace” monument was unveiled.
This place was visited by 2 popes and Pope John Paul II personally donated a Madonna in this place.
A big thank you to all patrons, contributors and hosts.
Share this post: